EMS (Energy Management System) is an important part of the container energy storage system. It is the "brain" of the energy storage container. It can realize the centralized management and intelligent operation of the energy storage system. It plays a decisive role in the safe operation, response characteristics and economic benefits of the energy storage container.
1. The basic information of the battery, BMS（Battery management system）， PCS（Power Conversion System）and working environment status information of the energy storage system and other basic data are obtained via Ethernet communication and processed and analyzed to intelligently manage, control, and dispatch the charging and discharging of the battery module.
2. With a visually interactive interface, it can update and display the status of the energy storage system in real time.
3. Record and store energy storage system state data, fault alarm data, staff operation information, etc. into the database for call and query during operation.
4. It can also perform online and real-time health status evaluation on the battery, which facilitates users to understand the battery's performance in a timely manner, improve work efficiency and reduce work burden.
TLS is an international supplier that can customize onshore | offshore special containerised solutions,Any requirements, please contact us directly:
Hotline: +65-65637288; +65-31386967
BMS (Battery Management System) is one of the core subsystems of battery energy storage systems. It is a system that uses energy storage as a carrier to manage the storage of electric energy and the supply of electric energy over a certain period. The electric energy managed by BMS has functions such as smooth transition of electric energy, peak shaving and valley filling, frequency regulation and voltage regulation. It is also a device that monitors the status of energy storage batteries, intelligently manages, and maintains each battery unit, prevents over-charging and over-discharging of batteries, prolongs battery life and monitors battery status.
Its principal works are:
For containerized energy storage, due to the increasing integration of the existing containerized energy storage system , it integrates intelligent equipment such as uninterruptible power supply, battery pack, precision air conditioning, monitoring equipment, etc., with rain-proof, fog-proof, dust-proof, sand-proof, lightning-proof, anti-theft effect, etc., to meet various usage environments.
With the concept of modularization and promotion, the container as a good carrier, with high reliability, high convenience, low power consumption and monitoring perfect characteristics, so become an important part of the moderation, all kinds of containerized energy storage, containerized data center, containerized generator set and so on came into being, extremely good to promote the development of modularization.
Compared with the traditional fixed energy storage power station, energy storage containers allow ocean and road transport, portable and not limited by geographical restrictions. With the future of battery technology breakthroughs, the cost of energy storage containers is expected to be significantly reduced, the prospect is worth looking forward to.
Energy storage is the process of storing energy through a medium or device and releasing it when it is needed. When we talk about energy storage, we are mainly referring to the storage of electrical energy. In fact, energy storage itself is not an emerging technology, but from an industrial point of view it is in its infancy and development stage. Energy storage technology is a key node for future energy systems to be flexible, inclusive, and balanced.
TLS containerized energy storage system (BESS) is the perfect solution for large-scale energy storage projects. The energy storage containers can be used in the integration of various storage technologies and for different purposes.
1. Reserved openings for energy storage containers: the common sizes of containers are 40ft and 20ft, and they can also be customized according to customer needs. The fire protection system of energy storage containers is a separate system, including smoke detectors and temperature detectors. , gas fire extinguishing control panel, emergency start, stop button, gas proof indicator and other components, all of which need to be reserved openings, especially the openings for pressure relief ports, which must be designed before the container is integrated. It will cause water leakage and bring security risks to the electrical system, and the fire protection system will also increase the risk of not spraying due to short circuit.
2. Gas fire extinguishing device: The location selection and fixing method of the fire extinguishing device are the key points. The container is relatively long and narrow. If only the fire extinguishing device is placed in the corner and no release pipeline is arranged, it will be difficult for the agent to reach the other end of the container, and it is difficult to achieve an effective fire extinguishing effect, especially for a 40ft container. For the fixed method, the reinforcement method should be considered in the early stage, rather than the temporary solution of the fire extinguishing device, which will cause a lot of rework and hidden dangers.
3. Rainproof problem: When the container battery energy storage is placed in the open air, the outdoor alarm device should be rainproof or ordinary rainproof measures should be used. Either way, it is fine. This is very important, otherwise the fire alarm system will be corroded or short-circuit and do not spray as mentioned in the first item.
4. Power-cutting problem: the non-fire-fighting power in the containerized energy storage system generally includes air conditioning or fresh air system, lighting, etc. When the smoke and temperature senses act at the same time, the power supply is cut off. This needs to be considered in the early design. At the same time, pay attention to the reasonable arrangement of the wiring of these systems and the wiring of the fire extinguishing device, so as not to be confused, so as to avoid interference and false alarms or false sprays.
Energy storage containers are portable energy storage devices that are often used for power backup. Thermal dissipation in energy storage batteries is a key factor in determining their performance, safety and lifetime. In order to maintain the temperature in the container at the normal operating temperature of the battery, the main heat dissipation structures of current energy storage container can be classified into two categories: air cooling and liquid cooling.
Large-scale power storage technology is the key technology for smart grid, new energy generation and grid connection, power load shifting and valley filling. Lithium-ion batteries have been widely used in many fields due to their high energy density, low self-discharge rate, smooth discharge voltage, long cycle life and other advantages, and the application of lithium batteries in large-scale power storage systems will become an inevitable trend in technology development. In order to ensure the efficient and safe application of lithium-ion solar battery storage (Battery Energy Storage System, BESS), all components of the system must be integrated and optimized, and managed and controlled in a reasonable and effective manner.
The battery management technology and system integration technology of energy storage systems can be developed to improve the safety, reliability and service life of the battery system and promote the popularization and application of large-scale power storage. The key technologies include:
(1) advanced battery management technology ;
(2) temperature monitoring and management technology;
(3) state of health (SOH) monitoring technology;
(4) system integration technology.
Solar system with battery backup is mainly composed of four parts, including Battery System (BS), Power Conversion System (PCS), Battery Management System (BMS), and Monitoring System; at the same time, in practical application, for the convenience of design, management and Meanwhile, in practical applications, the BS, PCS and BMS are usually recombined into modular BESS for easy design, management and control, while the monitoring system is mainly used to monitor, manage and control one or more modular BESS.
1. High system integration, integrated battery management system, PCS, temperature control system, fire protection system, access control system, data monitoring system, AC and DC power distribution, lighting system, etc.
2. Customizable design to meet different customer needs
3. Various working modes can be set flexibly
4. Integrated solution to support simultaneous access of load, power grid, diesel generator and photovoltaic
5. The energy storage system has complete communication, monitoring, management, control, early warning and protection functions, and can operate safely for a long time. The system operating status can be detected through the host computer, with rich data analysis capabilities and emergency power supply functions.
6. Convenient transportation and stacking storage
7. Reach IP waterproof level, suitable for outdoor storage
Renewable energy is the future, which makes it even more challenging to provide electricity whenever and wherever it is needed. Compared with traditional energy storage, battery energy storage systems (BESS) are based on a modular design, which is very suitable for backup reserve power. It has the advantages of modular design for multimodal transportation, easy installation, flexibility, safety and reliability. Suitable for use in remote areas or areas lacking electricity.
The bess make it possible to store the energy produced by photovoltaics, wind turbines, or CHP. Due to its high cycle lifetime, the energy storage system containers are also used for peak-shaving, thereby reducing the electricity bill.
Containerized energy storage solutions provided by TLS can be configured to match the power and capacity requirements required by customer applications, meet the most demanding specifications, and be able to handle a wide range of adverse conditions.
If you have any inquiries on BESS containers, please download the check list and send it together with your inquiry.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about the battery energy storage system container, We are eager to explain the possibilities for your applications.
Please download Energy Storage System (ESS) Containers brochure for reference.