Multi Cable Transit (MCT) systems are innovative solutions designed to allow multiple cables and pipes to pass through a single opening in a wall, floor, or bulkhead. They are widely used in various industries, including marine, offshore, and construction, for their versatility and effectiveness in maintaining safety and integrity. TLS Offshore Containers International, a leading provider of offshore containers and equipment, utilizes MCT systems to facilitate seamless and secure cable transit from their containers.
MCT systems consist of a frame, blocks, and a compression unit. The frame is installed into the wall or bulkhead opening, and the cables or pipes are placed within it. The blocks are designed to fit around the cables, filling the remaining space in the frame. Lastly, the compression unit is used to tightly pack the blocks and cables together, ensuring a secure and watertight seal.
The installation procedure of an MCT system can be outlined in the following steps:
1. **Frame Installation:** The frame is the first component to be installed. It should be secured into the wall or bulkhead opening using welding, bolting, or casting.
2. **Cable Insertion:** The cables or pipes are then inserted through the frame.
3. **Block Placement:** The blocks are placed around the cables. The blocks are made of elastomeric material, which allows them to adapt to the shape of the cables, ensuring a tight fit.
4. **Compression:** A compression unit is used to apply pressure to the blocks, causing them to expand and fill any remaining space in the frame. This results in a secure, watertight, and gas-tight seal.
5. **Inspection and Maintenance:** Regular inspections are necessary to ensure the integrity of the MCT system. Any damaged blocks should be replaced immediately.
MCT systems are a crucial component of modern offshore and marine industries. They offer a robust and efficient method for cable transit, ensuring the safety and integrity of the structures they are installed in. With companies like TLS Offshore Containers International utilizing these systems, they continue to set the standard for cable transit solutions in the industry.